|South West Michigan
|50 - 70 inches
- Love Creek - Love Creek County Park winds its way through this rolling 150-acre natural area outside of Berrien Springs, Michigan. Six miles of hiking trails provide access to a variety of habitats, including a mature Beech-Maple forest with spectacular spring wildflowers. The Berrien County Parks Commission's naturalist service is based here and activities are available throughout the year. Love Creek also offers outstanding cross-country skiing opportunities with groomed and lighted trails and ski rentals available.
- Madeline Bertrand - Located just south of Niles, Madeline Bertrand County Park offers a public area of natural beauty along the St. Joseph River. Trails lead through pine and oak forests offering opportunities for hiking and bicycling. Trails are groomed and lighted for cross-country skiing in winter and ski rentals are available. One of the park's most unique and popular features is a challenging 18-hole Disc Golf course. Covered shelters, an indoor lodge, scenic picnic areas, and children's playground structures make Bertrand a favorite location for family and group outings.
- Rocky Gap - Overlooking Lake Michigan from a bluff in Benton Township, Rocky Gap County Park provides a quiet place to enjoy the Lake Michigan shoreline. There's a beach with 1,100 feet of lake frontage, an overlook platform, and spectacular views of the lake. It is an ideal location to take a relaxed lunch break, enjoy a sunset, or cool off with a quick swim.
- Silver Beach - Located in St. Joseph at the mouth of the St. Joseph River, Silver Beach County Park features a clean, wide beach on Lake Michigan and public access to the South Pier.It is a favorite destination for a variety of beach and river front activities, ranging from swimming and beach volleyball to sunset strolls. Children's playground structures, barrier-free walkways, and the Shadowland Pavilion (which can be reserved for family gatherings and other special events) add to the many recreational opportunities available. Silver Beach is also host to many special events, including activities that are a part of St. Joseph's annual Venetian Festival.
- Click here for more information on Berrien County Parks.
The Festival is a community celebration of life on the waterfront that encompasses day and evening concerts, dancing, sand sculpture, a classic and special interest car show, craft
show, grand prize raffle drawings, fireworks, folk and ethnic food booths, boat parades, boat rides and a 5k/10k walk and run.
The new nature center features a larger classroom for interpretive programs and a separate multipurpose room with displays and park information. During the winter months the program and multipurpose rooms will also serve as comfortable warming areas for skiers, complete with a food service area.
With its forests, dunes and Lake Michigan shoreline, Berrien County has long been one of Michigan's most popular bird watching locations. With this in mind and to promote recreational birding and bird conservation in Southwest Michigan, the Berrien County Parks sponsors the Berrien Birding Club.
Killin' Time Charters - Charter Boat Fishing in Manistee, MI on the Beautiful 31' Silverton Convertible Killin' Time III for Salmon and Trout and in St Joe, MI aboard Blue Runner for the oustanding spring Kings. Bring your family, friends or business associates out for a Great Day on the Great Lakes.
Cities you can visit in Berrien County, Michigan
Bainbridge Township, Baroda Township, Benton charter Township, Benton Harbor, Berrien Center, Berrien Springs (part), Berrien Township, Bertrand Township, Bridgman, Buchanan, Chikaming Township, Coloma, Coloma charter Township, Eau Claire (part), Galien Township, Glendora, Grand Beach, Hagar Shores, Hagar Township, Harbert, Lake charter Township, Lakeside, Lincoln Charter Township, Michiana, New Buffalo Township, New Troy, Niles (part), Oronoko charter Township,Pipestone Township, Riverside, Royalton Township, Saint Joseph, Saint Joseph charter Township, Sawyer, Shoreham, Sodus Township, Stevensville, Three Oaks Township, Union Pier, Watervliet, Weesaw Township